Victorian Modern coming soon!

In last night’s post I explained that for our first line with Andover, Victorian Modern, we wanted to design a line of fabric with not just color stories but also value stories. We see a lot of fabrics we love that contain in one print very darks and very lights. These fabrics can be hard to work with if you want to create any depth in your quilt or any luminosity. So we decided to design prints that are easier for quilters to use in patterns that require lights and mediums. The next line will include some darks and more saturated colors as well.

The quilt shown is called Parlor Games and will be a free pattern on Andover’s site. We’ll be kitting Parlor Games as well. For those of you who have renewed your subscriptions to Modern Quilts Illustrated or who will look for it at your local quilt shop, there will be a project using Vic Mod in Issue #4 IF the mill in Korea gets us the sample yardage in time. As always, it’s a guessing game as to whether or not it will make our printing deadline to get magazines before Market.

1. heartsease57
    Posted October 3, 2012 at 11:41 am | Permalink

The fabric is just lovely, can’t wait to see it in person!

2. Posted October 3, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

Very pretty!

3. Annie
    Posted October 3, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

These fabrics look absolutely beautiful, excited to see them for myself.

4. Posted October 3, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

I like! I just started a quilt with some of my old dusty calicoes to get the soft look I wanted.

5. Diana
    Posted October 3, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

Outstanding! I can’t wait to see it up close and personal.

6. Posted October 3, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

Very nice! I really love the first three from the left in the middle row. (In particular, I was immediately drawn to the bird print with the grey background. So lovely.)

7. Rhoda Forbes
    Posted October 3, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

It is a beautiful line of fabric, congrats.

8. Posted October 4, 2012 at 6:31 am | Permalink

Ooooh! Nice. I am so glad that you and Bill are getting the recognition you deserve. Things that are hard won are so much sweeter.
    Take time to dance!

Thank you for persisting, and staying true to your vision.

9. Holley
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

I have to be honest. When I first heard the name of the line, I thought, “Urgh. I”m not fond of Victorian prints.”

Now that I see them, I love them. They are so radiant and gorgeous! Thanks for the reminder that I always need to keep my mind wide open.

10. Diana Nelson
    Posted October 28, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

I hope that there will be some shops in Northern California that will carry your new fabric line as I just love what you are doing and the fabric is so great.

11. Rachel Hershberg
    Posted December 25, 2012 at 4:17 am | Permalink

Hi Weeks – Modern Quilt Illustrated #1 provided the basis for the quilt I’ve almost finished – it’s a tweak on the pears. Any ideas on when the next one will be out? I understand that you have not been consistently well – just excited to see the next issue. Thanks and happy holidays.
    Rachel Hershberg
    Israel

12. Posted February 7, 2013 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

Very helpful information particularly earphones part :)

One Trackback/Pingback

1. [...] a fabric collection, so I’m glad they’re back! I hesitate to show you the prints from Victorian Modern separately, since the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, but the parts are still pretty [...]