So long, farewell FunQuilts, hello Modern Quilt Studio

The picture above was taken in a few weeks ago and gives a hint as to what the new studio will look like. On December 22, we move the studio to our new digs. It’s hard not to remember the morning I woke up almost 13 years ago and decided to start a business in our basement with a Bernina and a dream that quilts could be modern. It’s been a great studio for us and we’ve had so many great memories here. It will be exciting to see how the new space changes how we work. As is the case with our current studio, the new studio has a separate entrance and will be in the basement of our home. The new home is a 1930 Tudor that has been completely renovated. If you’re curious about the rest of it I have been keeping a renovation blog not-so-coincidentally called http://www.therenovationdiary.com so feel free to take a peek inside.

Once the dust settles, we’ll invite you over for a New Name, New Book, New Studio party in January but in the meantime, we’ll be closed from December 22nd and will reopen on December 26th.  We’ll close again on the 30th when our household moves and re-open on January 2nd as the shiny new Modern Quilt Studio, complete with that new name smell. Never fear – I’ll post pictures of the chaos on Facebook should you want to be able to think as I used to when I saw my friends moving “Boy am I glad that I’m not moving right now.”

Warm wishes for a joyous holiday (without any snow just yet please).

1. Linda F
    Posted December 19, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

Enjoy the journey! It’s so exciting! I look forward to the pictures. Happy Holidays!

2. Posted December 19, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Permalink

Lots of change. Lots of fantastic things happening for you. Take your vitamins.
    I look forward to the creative results in the months and years to come!

3. Posted December 20, 2011 at 11:50 am | Permalink

Merry Christmas to you!!!! Your new place is so lovely.

4. Posted December 20, 2011 at 11:50 am | Permalink

BTW – Granny Hall = MiChal. Not sure if I ever told you that.

5. Tamie
    Posted December 20, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

Congratulations for you impending move, name change, etc. Here’s wishing the three of you a joyous and blessed Christmas.

6. Posted December 21, 2011 at 10:42 am | Permalink

What an exciting time for you and yours!

Thanks for the link to the renno blog – seeing what people do with their spaces is so much fun!

Happy Holidays!

7. Nanette
    Posted December 21, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

What a lot to undertake! Congratulations on all: the new home, new studio, new book and new business name, all great moves forward. 2012 will be a favorable year for you two. Happy Holidays too!

8. Posted December 22, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Here’s wishing you and yours happy holidays and a smoothe transition! Can’t wait to see your new digs!

9. Posted January 16, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Great looking book that I can’t wait to get my hands on. Thank you so much for using Cherrywood. We love what you do with it. :)

One Trackback/Pingback

1. [...] Modern Quilt Studio. They have a post about their upcoming schedule on a recent Craft Nectar post. Their new studio will again be in the basement of their home and Weeks has been keeping a diary of [...]