Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!*

[*Note: You had to have been alive during the '70s  or love watching TVLand to get this Brady Bunch reference. If you still don't get it, here's Urban Dictionary's explanation.]

Marcia Derse is one of my favorite fabric designers. And despite the tongue-in-cheek title of this post I am delighted that she’s starting to get some well-deserved attention. We used some of Marcia’s fabrics in our Acadia quilt (above) and also made a  different version of our Party of Four pattern, which we’re calling Marcia’s Party of Four (below) in a more masculine palette.

Marcia has four lines out with Troy and we are fortunate to live just a few miles from Troy’s warehouse so we have been able to combine prints from all four lines. We have yet another quilt coming out in a few months also with a muted masculine palette to stay tuned.

The repeats are large so this fabrics works best in big pieces. If you want to use it, look for patterns that have pieces that are at least 3″x3″ so you’ll be able to see her lovely patterns.

We’ve also started selling towers of 8 fat quarters of Marcia fabrics for $18 because her lines are not easy to find in stores and have a few left. Should you too decide that you can’t live without some Marcia, give us a call at (708) 445-1817 and we’ll send some Marcia your way.

1. Posted September 20, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

I love her fabrics, and my local quilt shop actually carries them!
    Last fall I made this dress:
    Not a quilt, but lots of fun!

2. Posted September 20, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

Love Marcia’s fabrics! I helped a friend of mine make an amazing quilt for her son and his wife all from Marcia’s fabrics (Riverwood line maybe?). Luckily, my LQS carries some of them.

3. Jennyroo
    Posted September 20, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Permalink

Out of curiosity, any sense of how much it would cost to ship a bundle of those lovely fat quarters to Canada?

4. Valerie
    Posted September 21, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

I am so lucky I got to see Acadia in person – what a gorgeous quilt! Her fabrics are amazing.

5. Linda F
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

just placed my order….this is so exciting! Thank you!

6. Nanette
    Posted September 23, 2011 at 12:35 am | Permalink

That is a gorgeous quilt with its rich colors and the simple pattern really compliments Marcia Derse’s fabrics.

7. Angela
    Posted September 30, 2011 at 11:40 am | Permalink

Unfortunately we missed your studio sale but my husband and I are spending the weekend in Chicago and would love recommendations for fabric shopping! (A bonus of being married to an illustrator is a husband whose sense of color and composition surpasses mine, and thus he will fabic shop with enthusiasm!)

8. Posted September 30, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

Wow, it is sad to think that someone wouldn’t know that reference. Does that make me old? I have been looking for fabric like this but wasn’t sure where or who to look for. Thanks! Off to check out Marcia now.

9. Lyn Riley
    Posted January 9, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Permalink

Hello….just wondered if you still have these fat quarter bundles for sale. If yes, are they all the same 8 fabrics? Thank you

• Posted January 11, 2012 at 7:43 pm | Permalink

Yes, we still have these fabrics and yes they are the same. Give us a call in the studio (708) 445-1817 if you’d like us to send you a bundle.